Monday, September 15, 2008

Sick wee one...:(

For the last 1 week, this mum has been cleaning up after the wee one. She's been spewing from both ends. Fortunately the vomiting stopped after 2 days, but I think I haven't had to changed so many sets of clothes and diapers for a long time! She also went on a food strike for a few days, and there's really not much left of her. She went from being the active, ever ready to climb any chair, table or the like, to being my baby koala, sitting in my lap and cuddling up, so unlike her usual self. Whilst it was kinda nice to not have to watch her, and make sure she doesn't get into trouble, it was a painful sight to see her all curled up, with droopy eyes, and a pained expression on her face. I actually missed having my little bundle of energy, and was praying that she'll be back soon. Well, the weekend seemed a little better for her. For the first time in a few days she woke this morning with a smile on her face, and I'm here updating my blog without a baby in my lap! Hopefully this is the end of this week long trauma for her, and she can start replenishing herself, to fill up all those fat cells again.

Well, otherwise, the family had a fine weekend. Friday, we went to a ballet called Peter Pan at Te Papa. It was put up by the students of Jie K's ballet teacher. I was really impressed by the level of professionalism of the production. There were even dancers flying through the air! Of course, with all little girls, Tinkerbel was jie's favourite. She loved the dancing so much that at the end of the 1 hour show, she refused to leave, and even cried saying that she wanted more!!! Well, the dance school will be doing another show in Upper Hutt in Nov, and the teacher has said that the pre-schoolers (K's class) will be involved too! Hopefully she'll have the guts to get up on stage. The rest of the weekend was spent going on walks, yum cha with another family, and more walks.
I'm stoked by how we spent the weekend, and am really praying that we can have much more great family time together, taking walks, just chilling out, without needing to rush from place to place. I guess it helps also that the weather here is beautiful, with the coming of spring, and you're not pouring with sweat from the humidity. But I hope that we'll be able to continue this when we return home. For one, we will be spending a lot more time at home on the weekends now that the in-laws are living with us. That might help, not needing to shuttle from east to west so much. 
Just 9 more days till I embark on my solo journey to Sydney with the girls. A little worried about the 4 hour journey, but more excited that I'll be meeting my parents at the other end! 
Can't wait!



1 comment:

Cheryl Lee said...

Good to hear that kay's feeling much better. Can imagine and identify with your 'pain' at watching the little one feeling and being sick :( I pray kay will be well on way to recovery and will put on more weight than she had lost! And for you to catch some much needed rest too! Bet you lost wt nursing kay for whole wk!

Where's Ken? how come you are meeting your parents in sydney by yourself? wah sei u can man, taking a 4-hr flight with 2 active girls! ;)