Friday, January 9, 2009

Settling in.

1 week has gone by since we've been home... adjustments and new routines are being put in place. Jie K has been in school 5 days today. She seems to enjoy it, yet a part of me senses that she's not completely happy with it. She doesn't really vocalise what she enjoys about school. In fact after the 1st and 2nd day, she seemed rather unhappy when I picked her up. She had said that she had fun, but when I asked what they did, she said "just stand there and do nothing"! On the 2nd day, I decided to pry a little to find out what was troubling her. I found out that this boy in her class,R, had hit her that day, after snatching the blocks that she was playing with. She said she had just sat there and did nothing about it, and that there were no teachers in  the class at that time. So mummy had to to the little pep talk thing, and told her to tell the teacher if it happens again. After she had opened up, she then started talking about the other things they had done in school, and she seemed much happier from then on. However, I still sensed that she is not too thrilled with going to school everyday for 4 hours now... It must be a big change for her from only going to 'play' 3 times a week for 2 hours, to a more formal, serious school. Well, as someone just told me... "welcome to the real world"...

Anyway, mei K has also started going to little play class at the same school, and she loves it. The teachers have noticed how different the 2 sisters are in character. At the same age, jie used to hide behind me and would rather not talk to anyone, mei just says 'hi' to everyone, and would be all over the classroom in no time at all.
As for daddy K, work has just consumed him like he never really left... He tried to have an early start yesterday by going into the office at 7, so he could finish early and spend time with the kids... instead, he pretty much had a 12+ hour day, and came home later than usual! mei was already asleep by the time he reached home. He misses the girls, and I can tell they miss him too.

Hmm... I'm uploading my backdated photos on FB, and just realised that I have to do backdated posts of our holiday as well!!! won't be long!

1 comment:

D said...

:( naughty boy R...
and jie K has such a sweet character to be so docile after R's incident. send the girls my love!