Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I made it!


4 and a half months post-partum... this mama has completed a half marathon! With a rather respectable time that is... much slower than my target... but what could I expect of myself?

2:46H. I'm quite impressed. That includes a toilet stop at the ladies toilet at Fort rd with a queue! I actually felt better in the last 4 km this time than the last 2 times I'd done this distance over 5 years ago. Although my best timing was 2:07 then, but I think I can be pretty proud of my current timing, considering these legs are carrying over 10kg more weight than before. I started feeling the legs (esp the ITB) at about 14km. But I pressed on and stretched through every water station. In the last 4km, I just kept going, not stopping for the drinks. This would have been the point at which, on my last 2 halves, I was cramping, and practically walk/jogged... It was torture... It was then that I swore never to do another half.... but here I am... yearning for more!

Too bad I didn't get any pics of the occasion, even though I wore the Physio Solution shirt! maybe i'll just make it up :P
runpix.com says that we started 10 minutes late! how hilarious. A friend of mine told me that the organisers may have flagged off 5 minutes early. No wonder we didn't hear anything strolling up to the start line. We didn't even realise that the race had started!
Also, according to runpix, I ran an almost constant speed of 7.7kph for the whole race. Thanks to V for running with me, pacing with me, and keeping me company throughout! I didn't even need my ipod! The highlight of the run for me would definitely be the run down the F1 track. That was awesome. I was just imagining the noise, the crowd, and tried to put myself in an F1 car going by the stands... (but of course I'd almost look like I was standing still next to an F1 car!)

Woo hoo! here's to more running!

No comments: