Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby News...

This feels strange and so exciting! It's like the first time I'm keeping a log of the on-goings of my baby... and it'll be my last one! Went for our 20 week anatomy scan yesterday. I had been looking forward to it for the last 1 month, and was so excited about bringing the girls to see the new baby on the screen too! 
At first, I wanted to be surprised by the gender of the baby, while K wanted to know... and I just couldn't stand the thought of him knowing and not me! Anyway, as the day drew nearer, I decided that I wanted to know too! I had a feeling that it'd be a boy, and thus we'd have to buy some new clothes for him, and thought that while we are here, we could take advantage of the summer sales to buy the nice baby clothes.
This being my third baby, I have gotten pretty good at reading the u/s scans as the sonographer was moving the sound head around my tummy. I also felt the first kick while the scan was being done, and even saw the legs kicking out on the screen. As he got down to the legs and the regions around it, I thought I spied a little diggly-dangly in the area. After which, the sonographer asked if we were sure that we wanted to know the gender. After confirming, he then showed us the little 'thing' I was looking at... It's a boy! He was very sure of it. So was I! He also mentioned that all is well, and the baby is right smack in the middle of NZ average size for his age, although I might have a slightly low-lying placenta, but the doctor we consulted later said he was confident that as the baby grows, it will fix itself later on in the pregnancy. 

Anyway, prior to all this, K was quite sure and very prepared for another girl. We had even chosen a girl's name, and not a boy's. This had influenced me, and I was also preparing myself for a third girl. After all, it's the only way we knew! Plus, we have all the girls clothes, and the 3 girls could sleep in the same room till they were older, and when we had enough money to get a bigger house! Well, with God's gift of this little boy, I'm sure now that this factory will be closed for good! We now have to think of a boy's name, and think of which school this boy will go too! After all, my alma mater which the girls will go to is an all-girls school, while K's alma mater...hmmm... he doesn't think too highly of it, plus it's really too far in the east for us. But, that will be a good 6 years before I have to worry about it again. 
 
First scan done at 14 weeks. Baby at 9.19cm

Here is scan done at 19weeks and 3 days. EFW: 301g (53%ile)
Can you see him pointing at his nose? Hope he's not digging it!

Here's a view of his arms and hands...




2 comments:

D said...

aaahhhhhh the chart was correct????
congrats!!! i'm gonna go tease the girls with more information hahah!

and yes. your son is digging his nose! don't u know boys are not as well-behaved as girls??

Congrats! How fun!

S* said...

AWESOME!

A little di-di to be loved and hugged by his 2 older sisters.

Factory closed for good? Don't be too sure...


Congratulations again !!