Thursday, November 27, 2008

To Scrap or not?

Now that our time here in NZ is coming to an end, I'm starting to think of ways I can help the children remember their time here. One good thing that I think I've done is to keep this blog going for the last 8 months. It's a way to remember things I've done, and to log our loves here. But I've also toyed with the idea of doing some scrapbooking. That is quite the in-thing now I realised, though it's something that has been around for years. I'm just not totally confident that I'm creative enough to have fresh ideas, or even the time to do it. One thing is for sure, we'll be doing lots more printing of photographs now that K has managed to take some pretty decent shots with his toy. We're also thinking of ways to decorate the house with our own creations, rather than using someone else's work of art... unless of course we find great paintings(which we both can't do).  It's also a sense of knowing that we'll be able to enjoy our house more than we have in the last 5 years. Since we got married and lived in our own house, we've had to spend weekends at the in-laws house all the way on the other side of the island just for convenience-sake. Of course, when the kids came along, weekends were the in-laws' time with them... so that we again a necessity... so friday nights, we would basically pack up all we need for the weekend, dog included, and tow it all to their house. Then come sunday, we'd do the same with packing the whole family back home to get ready for the new week. It was rather bothersome, but after awhile, we got used to it. Now when we return home, the in-laws will be in our house. For me, it feels like I can now Live in the house that I really liked, though we'd have to put up with new changes, and much less space! 

So back to my question... maybe when we get back and start getting organised with printing out the pictures and getting the materials, I'll be inspired to start the work. I wonder if there's such a thing as a scrap book online? 
Will keep researching, and reading up... maybe I'll get some great ideas!

1 comment:

Cheryl Lee said...

There are some on-line scrapbooking sites based in sgp which you can buy stuff from. The one I know and have bot stuff from before is www.scrapbookingcove.com

Spotlight also has a section selling scrapbooking stuff and last I checked, certain popular bookstores are also stocking selected stuff!

There are also more shops selling scrapbooking materials in sgp now than before so the prices hopefully wld be cheaper than when I used to buy the materials!