Thursday, April 24, 2008

In all things give thanks...

You might be thinking... what is there not to be thankful for, D, you are in the land of sheep!!!

Indeed, I cannot disagree with that. 
Picture this: Jogging along a stream, with wide open spaces around you. Rolling hills to the right and left of you, for you are in a valley. No one in sight, except for a dog running free with the owner following in his truck... Just you and God, and all
 the majesty and splendour of His creation... that was me yesterday evening. As I was admiring the beauty of my surroundings, the Lord said,"Give thanks." That's exactly what I sang for the rest of my run home. Giving thanks not just for where I am, but for the family time He's given to us. Time to restore and rekindle relationships, time to live out fully the role of mother and wife, time for respite from ministry, and the busy-ness of it all, time for God. Yesterday, I'd realised that with 2 kids and a husband to care for, QT at home is never a sure-thing... the discipline required to go out for that daily run and time with God goes perfectly hand-in-hand! So, this is my new found telecommunication channel to God. With the greenery around, not much to distract me, Perfect!

Just going to insert here some snippets of our house and kids... (disclaimer: these are not taken with the BIG toy...)










More coming up...

No comments: