Friday, July 4, 2008

Half of 2008 gone???


My, how time flies when you are going about everyday busying yourself with children, thinking of how to keep them entertained... Then again, I really go about each week barely even knowing what day/date it is. Each day is associated with what activity we're going to... with that, 3 months have flown by... it's the start of July, the second half of 2008... where has time gone? 

We look forward to having a familiar face from home here with us in 2 weeks time. A is coming to stay with us for 4 days, after spending 2 days in Wellington, and 2 days in Christchurch. We are looking forward to a different chef in our kitchen too! A chef well known for her skills, especially in peranakan cuisine! I can't wait! 

Well, we've effectively lived out a whole school term here in Upper Hutt. This is what it's been like during the day till daddy comes home:
Monday am: chill out at home 
     pm: Kindy
Tuesday am: Playgroup
     pm: Kindy
Wednesday am: Gymbaroo followed by hanging out at shops in Lower Hutt
         pm: chill out at home
Thursday am: Library story-telling
          pm: Kindy
Friday am: Mainly Music.
     pm: Park if weather is good. Every other week the partner's meet for lunch. 
So, the term break is here... what will we do for the next 2 weeks? Contrary to what this mum thought, most if not all of the above activities cease during the term break! Most of the activities that happen then are catered to the older kids who are out of school. So, what do the ones with younger kids do? Fortunately, this mum has been actively making some contact with other mums, and has been invited to at least 1 mum's house for coffee and to let the kids entertain each other, giving us a break to catch up with adult conversations... 

Well, I know that the rest of our time here will fly by just as quickly if not faster, with parents and in-laws visiting, holidays and a wedding to attend. I need to learn to treasure and cherish each moment, make the most of the time for the kids, to have fun with them, 'educate' them. I somehow feel like I have been neglecting them, in a way, allowing them to play by themselves, not engaging them in 'adult' conversations as such... How can I better make use of these precious months when their minds are absorbing everything like a sponge? For one, I know that che K will be far behind her peers when she goes back to N2 next year... thoughts of "can she catch up?"," will she be able to read by the time she's 4 like the others?" Never thought I'd be like that... but I guess every Singaporean has some of that KS streak in them, eh? 

Oh well, only time will tell.
Feeling fat... need to exercise more... Eat less of my yummy chocolate brownie! (the best brownie I've ever made... from scratch ok!)
Exercise Log:
Tuesday am run
Time: 25 mins

Thurs am run
Time: 30 mins


2 comments:

Cheryl Lee said...

Very very nice photo of you and the girls! :)

re reading..no fret, when u come back to sgp, i'll give you all the contacts to eng and ch reading classes! ;) enjoy your time with them..sounds like u are having fun being a stay-home mom to your princesses!

胡老怪 said...

I think the exposure of other country for the children is much better than "studying" in Singapore. Its something that you can't learn from books. I envy that you can bring your children to other parents' house. Most of my friends work here, when I want to go to their house, I have to wait till weekends.