Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another fall...

Sigh... I think I'm just a bit too old to start playing this game of netball. Last saturday, I fell over again during a match! I don't even recall how it happened. It was in the final quarter.I either kicked my opponent or she kicked me. Well, this time, thank God no skin left on the ground. Rolled over, got up and carried on. BUT, about 5 hours later, my left ankle was hurting, and I was limping around, in che K's exact words "like and old lady". When I finally got to put my feet up at night, there was a small swelling, and severe pain, that I felt like amputating the foot off!!! I now know how my patients feel... the very thought of having someone mobilise and treat my ankle was just too painful, so I decided to treat myself... 2 days later, lots of ice, elevation and neurofen, I'm walking normally, and even contemplating a run tomorrow morning. 

Having said that, I had the most fun playing WD on saturday. Although we lost, but I think I've found the position that suits me best. Really hoping that I'm better by this weekend so I can play again.

Well, the papa K has been so busy this last week. Having 3 or 4 assignments due within a week. I can sense the stress is building up. But i really thank God for sustaining him, and us. K has decided that the family needs to take priority, so we've been privileged to have him home every evening to help feed the girls and then putting them to sleep before putting in a good 2-3 hours of work. I try to stay up to support him, whilst trying not to snack with him too much... I know that some of the NZ guys have been staying in camp, only going home on the weekends. So I can't complain. It could be worse. I really grateful that K tries to spend as much time as he can with us, especially on the weekends, knowing that some of his peers put in so much more time than he does... Sometimes he feels that he's losing out, being Singaporean, you just can't help comparing yourself with others. I feel it's the quality not the quantity. Like I said, it could be worse... imagine 1 whole year like that in Singapore, where the workload and the competition could possibly be double!

Today was also the 2nd time I led songs at the playgroup. It's been such a joy. Although it's just 10-15 mins, singing 3-4 songs, but the adrenaline that flows through me, and the happiness and smiles on each one of their faces, is just enough to keep me going till the end of the day. The children are easy to please. Their rapt attention from beginning to end, as long as you are talking or singing, us just remarkable... who ever said children had short attention spans? Just ignore the parents observing you, be silly, and jump around for the kids!

Exercise Log: 

Wednesday, Thursday am run:
Time: 30 mins
Route: 4km up to Palmer Cr

I need to start exercising again soon!

2 comments:

D said...

hi D,
can u post a pic of yourself now that u're super-exercising??!!!

(the other) D

elespace said...

eh, Che Cheryl got a new sunday school teach lo.