Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3 weeks to D-day...

Wow! I can't believe that the month of February has gone by, without me putting in a single post! Gee... where has time gone? On the one hand, I'd like it to slow down so that I can enjoy the company of my girls more before the little one comes along. But on the other, I'm just feeling like a beached whale that I can't wait to get the weight off me (literally!). 
I've started to feel gradually more and more tired. the days that I don't work seem to be even more tiring, though I get help from being at my parents' place, and I often get to take an afternoon nap... however, all that lazing around seems to make me even more tired and lethargic... yet, when I'm at work for anything more than 4 hours, I'm just too pooped at the end of it to function properly... Plus, my feet and back starts to hurt from all the standing and walking... no good. 
As time draws near to the day of the prince's arrival, I'm starting to feel a little nervous about the whole c-section thing all over again. With jie K, it was an emergency section. So I didn't really have much time to think or worry about it. With mei K, it was planned. I was kind of nervous, but yet confident, thinking that I knew what to expect with the epidural section. However, things were not to turn out the way I had planned... the epidural administered actually FAILED! It didn't dull any of my senses at all! So with the hubby waiting outside to some in to keep me company, I had to decide to go under GA to take the baby out... Oh what a horrid feeling I had in me, not being able to tell K what was going to happen.(though the anaesthetist did do that) I woke up so drowsy, and I had trouble keeping awake for the rest of the day (the op was at 8am). I also had a super sore throat from being intubated while under GA, which lasted for most of my 3 nights in the hospital. I only regained my voice the day I was discharged. K later told me that he was kind of worried about the surgery, and was afraid that something might have gone wrong. But thank God that all went well. 
This time, I thought I'd be comfortable making the decision of going with a 3rd c-section since it's the only way I know. Something familiar, nothing too unexpected. Even as I write this, the Lord is telling me that it's something  that I have yet to submit to Him. I now know that only when I do this, will I have peace in my heart to know and trust that all will be well. I pray that the epidural will work this time, so that K can stay in with me throughout. Leaving it all in the hands of God..... that's the only way I really should know. 

Meanwhile, we wait for D-day... the Braxton-Hicks contractions have been getting stronger, and slightly painful... Doc has given me some meds to lessen the contractions, since I'm now only 35.5 weeks. Perhaps it's also God's way of telling me to slow down... not try to squeeze in so many things... just to rest... Rest in the Lord...




1 comment:

Brainjuice said...

I read this sharing your fears and trepidations... may the next couple of weeks be restful for you, and when the actual delivery arrives, that the little prince and mommy will both be safe and well.

Can't wait to see all 3 of your darlings back in Singapore!