Saturday, March 28, 2009

Adjustments...

2 nights home now... D's been pretty good. Though he seems rather drowsy, only waking for his feeds every 2-3 hours. The first night, he slept well through the day, and woke every hour at night... the 2nd night, he woke every 2 hours... today, we had some relatives visit, and he was up for 2 whole hours looking around quietly. After which, he promptly fell asleep for 3 hours, and hopefully will be good tonight. 
Thoughts of motherhood 3rd time round? Seems like it does get better and easier with experience. However, this also means you start to take things for granted, and think that you know how, but you've really forgotten how... like breastfeeding, which I did till mei K was 16 months, in June last year... I would have thought that it'd be easy, and I'd know how to handle it... however, I still came home with sore nipples, and still needed that nurses to help me latch him on. So i realised that maybe I'd been doing it wrongly all along??? is that possible? But my milk did come in on day 3... not so wrong after all, right?

2 comments:

胡老怪 said...

Congrats! rest well!

Brainjuice said...

Congratulations, Denise!

Hope you recover from the surgery well, and that little one learns to sleep through the night soon. =)