Monday, March 16, 2009

7 days and counting.

So it's the first day of the school holidays. But I've sent jie K off to school for the school holiday programme... Still a little unsure if it's the best decision. I compensated for my guilt by signing her up for just 3 days instead of all 5, including 1 day to watch the play Chicken and bear go camping. When I told her last weekend that this week is the school holidays, she said "yay, I don't have to go to school!" Then I had to break it to her that she was still going on 2 days, and 1 day to the play. However, on the other 2 days, we'll do something fun, like going to the bird park, or to the park for a picnic etc. This morning, she woke up really chirpy, and was rather keen on going to school. This mummy though, still has some reservations about school holiday programmes especially for her age. I just console myself that it's necessary for me, otherwise I'll be struggling to keep up with bringing them out, instead of resting in this last week before D-day. 

That brings me to why I wanted to write this post... I've been having this strange urges to want to clean up the house, pack up the baby things, go out to buy more baby things in preparation for next week when D comes home. However, I know that I need to rest, especially since I've been feeling the strong tightenings, and my gynae thinks that I'm doing too much. I'm in such a dilemma. Perhaps the theory of 'nesting' before one goes into labour is really true... but mine is really planned... so not really true 'nesting syndrome'.
The weekend that's just past is just an indication of how much I've been trying to do with the family before I pop. Saturday, K brought the girls to watch Disney on ice. Great time for me to have my me-time! I had the first undisturbed nap in a very long time! After they returned, I cooked, and then went swimming, then went bowling at the club, and then out for dinner. Sunday after church, we decided to bring the dog to the beach at Sentosa for a swim to help with her skin problems... so, 2 girls, dog, daddy and heavily preggers mummy all went to the beach! Talk about feeling like a beached whale... that's really all I could manage, just waiting to bathe and change the kids after their swim. But we all had fun... that's the whole point of it, isn't it? 
Today will possibly be my last gynae appointment before D-day. I'm praying that the baby has put on sufficient weight. Last saturday, at 36 weeks, baby was only 2.5kg, having put on 0.1kg in 2 weeks! The only consolation was that I also didn't put on any weight:) So this week, I've been loading up on durian, and more protein filled food, in my last ditch attempt to get his weight up to at least 3kg at birth. 
Yesterday, my mum's helper was officially transferred to us, much to my relief. However, being the only one in this house who has grown up with a live-in helper, I think there'll be a period of adjustment for the rest of the household, especially since she'll be sleeping in the same room as the girls, for lack of space in our apartment that's quickly running out of space... For my MIL who is so used to doing the cleaning, laundry etc, she'll surely feel like she's "out of a job", especially since I feel that these 'acts of service' is really her way of speaking her love language. for my FIL, who is such a private person, I wonder if he'll feel like it's an invasion of his privacy, or if he'll just cope by staying out of the house more than he already does! Of course there's the helper, who might feel like she's just moved out of a place where she had her own room, and lots of space to just do her own thing, to a place where she has to share everything with someone. (including the toilet which the dog has been trained to use.)  So, lots of prayer is needed. I ask the Lord to watch over this household, that there'll be peace, understanding and tolerance amongst all who live here. 

Head count: 5 adults, 2 children and 1 infant to come soon!
Lord help us...

1 comment:

D said...

Congrats on arrival of Dylan. Nice last burst effort of little fella and catching up to 3.01kg!

and looking forward to your 1st post as a mum of 3.

am sure all will work out fine. More people in the house = more love for the girls and baby D