Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Now I know...

I've been bringing the girls to the Upper Hutt Baptist Church Playgroup on Tuesdays for 3 weeks now. It's at the church we've been visiting, and will probably settle at for this year. It's a really nice place for mothers and fathers alike to bring their kids, and just have time to sit around talking over coffee with other parents, while the children have 2 hours of free-play. And it's packed with about 30-40 kids in total, but about 25 turn up each week. The 1st week I went, we filled up the last slots of the playgroup. Like one of the mothers I spoke to told me, it's a relief for her to go to these playgroups, so she doesn't have to think of how to entertain them without leaving them in front of the TV. 
Well, today while at playgroup, the lady who leads the group mentioned during the last 10 min of singing that anyone was welcomed to take over the singing time. They usually sing kiddie songs like  from the Wiggles, or just nursery rhymes etc. At that time, it didn't strum a chord in me. I just remember thinking that the singing time could be done better. Just lying in bed putting the girls to sleep, I suddenly had a shiver down my spine, and saw a vision of the someone singing sunday school songs, and another person reading bible stories to the kids in that same hall with the very same kids at the playgroup! I asked the Lord what it meant, and He showed me that I could be the one doing those things. The playgroup attracts mothers from the community, who do not go to the church at all. I've only seen 1 familiar face from Sunday service at that playgroup(other than the group leader). I felt that the Lord was showing me that this could be a good way of evangelising to the innocent minds of the children through songs and bible stories! At the moment, I'm still unsure if this is really the vision of the people who started the playgroup, and if they had intentionally made it secular. The Lord willing, I'll try to come out of my shell and approach the organiser to share my vision, and volunteer my help. 

Perhaps this is my purpose...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

U may want to approach the owner and share your vision.God will show in his perfect time.Will pray for you.Go Go Go ....be a faithful disciple....

Cheryl Lee said...

WOOT! I see a future sunday sch teacher for OLO! hiak hiak ;) Okie seriously speaking, Go for it girl! If you don't explore the idea and vision you had, you'll never know! God may want to use your beautiful voice to reach out first to the children, then to the adults (their parents)!

elespace said...

Wow!! Eh, dun let the Talents that the Lord give you go to waste ok! Will keep you in prayer!