Monday, June 2, 2008

Feeling the pressure...

Just wanted to put up the photos we've taken over the past 1 month. All the photos are now on FB. But if you are not on FB, then here're the links and here...

So the last week has been relatively uneventful. Big K is up to his ears in books (really!). The stresses of the course is building up, and even we can feel it. I've been trying to be the good supportive wife by staying up with him while he slogs it out... Over the long weekend (today NZ c
elebrates the Queen's Bday!), I just had to exercise by patience and understanding, and to try to occupy the kids while he studies. But, the 2 Ks were not so cooperative, and insisted that daddy play with them! Oh well, perhaps I could have done more by keeping them busy or bringing them out. Anyway, k wanted to 'make-up' for the 'lost' weekend by bringing us into the city. So we went... walked the Oriental Parade, drooled over the sea-fronting property, whilst talking over our investment plans which may help support our retirement...(not!) Then we had dinner at HK BBQ, which has been recommended as closest to the REAL DEAL. We had chicken rice! yums...
Today, as netball training, my legs were just like jelly, or my shoes were slippery, but i took 2 hard knocks on the court during team drills, both on my right knee! I was like flat out on my tummy both times! You know like try to fly but only skimming the surface of the netball court! How embarrassing! The 2nd time, I felt like a rugby player diving in for a try! Fortunately (or not) I was wearing long
s. The 2nd fall, I landed pretty hard on my knee and that hurt! I had like road-rash on my knee, and found most of my skin on the inside of my pant-leg... sigh... But after I sat out a team drill, I found myself playing better when I returned to the court!
Maybe my legs were just jelly from the run I did this morning...




This is what it looked like the morning after...





Exercise Log:
Sat morning run:
Time: 30 mins
Route: Ararino Street 8     Palmer Cresent   8   Fergusson Drive

Mon morning run:
Time: 32 mins
Route: Same as above

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" Psalm 1119:104-106

1 comment:

elespace said...

ouch...must be v painful le...eh,teach me how to link the photos leh...u very clever....